Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Continuing Story of Ronjo, The Tiki God

So lots of people ask me lately why I chose to study abroad in Amsterdam. If only our lives were so radically digitized that I could immediately link them to this article.

Puppy Beer.

I know I am a shithead about updates. But I found an apartment, I'm working again, I turned in my colloquium rationale on Monday (only two and three-quarters months late!) and once I finish this ridiculous paper for Saskia "I Will Kill Any Joy Performance Ever Brought You" Kersenboom I will be back to my normal schedule of homework and procrastination about finishing said homework.

I will also make a New Year's blog-resolution to avoid run-on sentences.

Till then, a photo story of a run in with an angry Tiki god in the off season in Montauk:



Ronjo holds court at the base of the desolate motel. His giant gleaming red mouth moistens as he remembers the copious tan bodies which crowded his lap all summer.



Unfortunate and unwitting Joshua happens upon the ravenous god. Overcome by his majesty, Joshua takes pains to show his respect.... Nay, admiration... Nay, LOVE! for this glorious being.



Sadly, Ronjo will not be moved.



Thinking it is taking Joshua a long time to get a sandwich, I go after him. Death hangs in the air as I approach the idol.



"Are you really gone, my love?"



Fighting back the tears and gathering all my courage, I challenge this Ronjo.



But Ronjo will not be moved.

1 comment:

Jess Mullen said...

Dear Rose:

I am so glad to see that you are updating your blog again. It is most enjoyable to read.

I expect to be in your neck of the woods come Presidents' Day weekend. Hopefully you won't be making the trek northward. I would hate for us to be two Fung Wahs passing in Connecticut.

- Messica Jullen