Friday, December 28, 2007

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?


So I take cabs home a lot lately. Especially because the train never seems to stop at my stop after 11pm. And even though Michael Bloomerg has guaranteed me a quiet ride it seems most cab driver prefer to listen to the radio. Which I like because the silence of not understanding Farsi is sort of deafening at four in the morning. Tonight my cab driver was one of those who prefers soft-rock (great, but never David Allen Boucher). And while we were driving I had the pleasure of hearing my favorite (it's so hard to choose!) single from The Lion King soundtrack, "Can you Feel the Love Tonight." And everyone who knows me for the sentimental sap I am will realize that I was immediately reminded of the Freelance Troope in elementary/middle school and how we all sang along to that song at the cast party for Young Country, wherein I was Rachel Revere, wife to the famous patriot rider and silversmith. Yes, for a moment in the cab I felt one with Robin Gordon-Levitt and Stevie Weinstein-Foner once more... but now, all I am is tired and wishing I wasn't working in the morning.

2 comments:

Leila said...

Fact: despite the fact that I was never a member of the Freelance Troupe, I still know the words to Young Country's titular number. "We're a young country and we're on the move, advocating life that's free!" I could go on, but I probably shouldn't.

Unknown said...

Hey Rose!!

Happy New Year!


Time for a New Year's Blog, I'd say.

How are things in NY?

Hug!!!

Yvette