Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Melons


Recently one of my coworkers told me that pure watermelon juice has an almost immediate laxative effect if consumed in large enough quantities. I haven't remembered to test this claim with research or experimentation, but it would be a sort of weird thing to fabricate, so I believe it. Then today I read this about the arousing effects of watermelons. Which leaves all of us (or so I imagine) wondering about the intersection of these two unexpected properties of this refreshing summer fruit. Which is sort of a gross image and generally involves too many seeds.

2 comments:

Tommy Jordan said...

read my latest blog entry, and then email me to ask me who it was.

Devin said...

You've got to update soon because I don't think I can stand seeing that watermelon thing again, it disturbs me in a way it probably shouldn't.