Monday, November 02, 2009

The Truth About Food/Love

So honestly, I think I haven't been eating enough. It's not conscious or purposeful it's just that eating is sort of depressing alone. And cooking is even more so. My mother might fly down to Chile on the wings of concern when she reads this, but I am just sort of always hungry and never want to eat.

I think most of you can attest to the fact that I have a pretty good appetite. I love food and always have. But even though I have been cooking for myself for years now, I really hate cooking for one. And the pleasure of a meal- a glass of wine, the fruits of an hour's labor, the beginning/end/pause of a day that meals represent- are just lacking on ones own. It's slightly better to eat alone in a restaurant. There's a formality that's comforting. There are people at least. Waiters, a cook definitely. But honestly I am not on the kind of budget that can afford restaurant meals often. So it looks like I'll have to find a boyfriend.

I guess it's sort of awful. I feel like generally I am in a very single state of mind. Woe-betide the man who I'll ensnare in my macaroni and cheese net, for surely I am far too selfish at this point in my life to regard another's feelings gently. But at least he'll be well fed. We both will.

1 comment:

Taj Marie said...

Oddly, I had the same probably when arriving in New Zealand. In fact, I had to buy two new pairs of pants in the first month I was here because of all the weight I lost. I don't like eating out alone either and I found myself only eating about once a day at a large mall type food court near my hostel. But that all changed when I moved in with other people because now I cook all the time. Are you living with someone? Maybe you could work out a cooking arrangement? In my house, we all go shopping together and pick the days we want to cook. Its not very carefully planned but somehow works out well.

Sounds like things are moving along nicely. I hope you're are enjoying the adventure :) Miss you Rose!