Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aftershock

So my mom and I are safe and together. My cousin Dana is also safe and on the other side of Santiago. We'll try to meet up with her later today. The earthquake was incredibly scary. Many of the buildings in my neighborhood are very old and suffered some serious damages. My mom is staying in a hostel where a wall collapsed and quite a bit of debris fell from the ceiling. Right now we're not sure when she will be able to fly out. I'll keep everyone updated and write more about the situation here soon.



The church across the street from my building.



My street blocked off at both ends by rubble.



The apartment is covered in dust from the street.



Only minor damage in our building.

Thanks for all of the wishes. We're feeling very shocked and very relieved to be safe and together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad your safe that quake was too close for comfort, and very frightening. Hoping everyone you care about is fine.
I enjoy the entries you publish they help me visualize stories of friends from long ago, especially, the small apartment the street paintings, and the great people. If you're saying that you won't be writing from Chile now I'm sorry, and wish you well in whatever you do.

Ed.