Friday, September 08, 2006

Recent Internet Obsessions (Top 5)

5.Video chatting on my iSight thingie It's a little bit like living in the future. You can see people and talk to them. Even if they are accross the ocean. It's particularly funny because in some ontologically bizarre way I actually AM in the future, relative to most of the people with whom I chat.... Also it's neat to pretend to poke the person you're talking to.

4. NPR Podcasts Listening to a specially edited NPR show on your iPod while buying French cheese at an urban market WILL ACTUALLY make you feel like a walking demographic. In a funny way, though.

3. Updating my blog Apparently.

2. YouTube (especially video blogs) When you have no access to television, the miracle of YouTube really asserts itself. And, maybe I'm totally passe but, Video Blogs? Lonelygirl15? Out of this world! It's regular small doses of teenage melodrama presented as reality! It's everything you're missing from Laguna Beach!

1. Skype Ok so maybe you heard about it five years ago, but I'm gonna say it again. It's basically free international calls. And YOU CAN TALK TO ME!

(check out the html!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you mentioned skype and that your available for calls, then you should check out verbdate.com

dating 2.0 with skype and tags!
you can talk to people from all over the world with skype after meeting and checking each other out on verbdate!
cheers ..J

Rose said...

Oh please don't leave weird advertisment comments on my blog. I really don't want to turn off the annonymous commenting funtion.

Anonymous said...

I use Skype. Call me sometime, hotstuff.