Monday, September 11, 2006

Roaringly Delicious (the secret is caramel)!


Although, for the most part, my diet here has consisted almost entirely of bread, cheese and stroopwaffles, I have recently alit upon a most delicious confection. "Lion Pop Choc" is something akin to those bags of Butterfinger or Mounds or Snickers "Bites" sold at CVS in the states. I bought some yesterday at the gas station conventience store (my only local source of nourishment on Sundays), and since then I have marvelled at what could possibly make them so good. The bag is predictably in Dutch and did not reveal much. The candies seem very similar to Kit-Kats. A sort of waffer, chocolate synthesis. So finally today I googled. And it's caramel! It may look like chocolate between those crisp, flakey layers but it's much, much more. I encourage all of you to seek out Lion candies (the internet leads me to believe they also come in bars). In fact, I am thinking about petitioning the Nestle corporation to bring them to your side of the Atlantic (sorry to any European/African/Non-Atlantic-abetting readers I may unwittingly have if that statement is inaccurate).

No comments: